Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kicking back for the summer!

This has been a great summer. Being home and not working has allowed me to spend so much time with my family, I love it!'

A couple of weeks ago I headed off to Utah for a couple of days. My intent was to help Nicole out with the kids so she could get some packing done, but it turns out she really had what she could do at that point done, so it ended up being a fun two day retreat. Cameron is starting to walk and I found a pair of cute flip flops that actually fit him. He could even walk OK in them. He did not seem to mind them, but all to quickly they would twist off, but it made for a cute look anyway!



Katelyn wants to start dancing classes this fall to I thought I would try my had at making a tutu. It would have been much better if I had thought to Google some instructions but I always forget how handy things can be on the Internet. I tried my own version and it didn't turn out so well, but Katelyn didn't care. She loved to dress up in it and do a dance for me. I am headed back to help with the move tomorrow and I have a better version for her.

Jill and I had a fun day exploring a new home furnishings store my friend Jo told me about. It was called the "Real Deal". Apparently they have them all over, with tons in Utah. Check it out if you are interested, they have a web site. Anyway we went and looked around. Of course we find the clearance table and get our best finds. Jill got a cute iron shelf for her family room, and I found some cute hangings to dress up my new kitchen. It needed some personality. The pictures aren't to easy to see. A photographer I am not.

I am off to Utah tomorrow so I will have lots of new pic's from the move and time with the family.

1 comment:

Jill Skouson said...

I love those flip flops on Cameron! The tutu is very cute... especially since her underwear is sticking out on the sides :)
I think you have a good eye for decorating! I love how the seed packets and vegetables look in the kitchen.